Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Take Me Back Tuesday & Flashback Friday

August 1984
10yrs old
Growing up my parent's had a huge garden in our backyard behind the garage.  One day my father let me use his lawnmower....
This was the first and only time I have mowed the lawn in my whole life.  I am pretty sure it was for a photo op and then he took the lawnmower back and finished mowing.  My father really enjoyed mowing the lawn.
Love you dad!
A 
Day With TwoFriday Photo FlashbackFlashback 
Friday Button
Way Back When-esday posts at Twinfatuation.
My Signature

10 Sweet Comments:

Unknown said...

That is exactly what I want my garden to look like - sadly it turned into a rectangle of weeds. Love that lawn mower - they just don't make them like they used to!

Kimberly said...

WHAT?! The one and only time you ever mowed the lawn? Lucky!!! :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love looking at old photos. I am almost certain that was your parents photo op! We always had to help my dad with yard work, but he is the one that mowed because he is so particular. We had the job of picking up the smashed up apricots and other fruit that fell from the trees. My dad is 65 and my brothers and I offered to pay for a gardener for him, he refuses!

Finding Charm said...

The photo op made me chuckle. It's too bad you haven't experienced that branch that snaps back and hits you in the face. Good times.

jayayceeblog said...

Toro ... ole! Love your braids! And the beautiful garden.

Unknown said...

Too cute! :) I'm w/your dad...I like mowing, too...but only on the riding mower. :)

Unknown said...

I got asked to mow the lawn once when I was a kids too. I made zigzags all over the back yard. And I never got asked again! I guess that wasn't they look my parents were going for?

XmasDolly said...

LOL My dad was the same way. He loved doing it just so. This way and that. Following you from Friday's Photo Flashback. I also have a new meme for Monday's. Monday's Music Moves Me. Come by and check it out maybe even play along. I hope so. It's tons of fun! Have a great weekend.

Tia Colleen said...

I'm going to have to take pictures of my kids when they mow the lawn for the first time. I didn't mow the lawn for the first time until the summer before last. I was a late lawn mowing bloomer, hahaha.

I love how vintage and awesome these pictures look.

More Than Words said...

That is sooo precious!! I love how he let you do it!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin