Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More Valentines Collection

I was in a pink and purple mood last night. I made some more magnets that are listed in my etsy shop, here.A present...I can make this in any color combination. Like I said, I was really into pink and purple yesterday. How fun would this be as a wedding favor?! I could make it in your wedding colors and put thank you on the bottom with the date. This was the first thing I made. I have been covering the tops of boxes and painting the rest. was sooooo happy with how this turned out last night. After painting the inside of the lid and then trying to put the box back together this is what happened. I was very sad. I found out the hard way I need to paint the box first then cure the clay. I was really sad. I will definitely remake this one.

6 Sweet Comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo on the cracks!

It tends to happen with covered woods / papers / some metals due to moisture and shrinkage/expansion.

The presents are ADORABLE.

Oh Mandie said...

Ahh, definatly remake the heart box, it turned out way to perfect not to!

I absolutely love the magnets - they look like sugar cookies, good enough to eat!

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

I LOVE purple so these may be my new fav from you!!!
Bummer on the broken box though!!

April said...

I LOVE pink and purple together!!!

Momma J said...

What a bummer, and it was so pretty! I just love all of your work!

Megan Spears said...

These are fantastic! Lessons learned I always say...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin