Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Citar - Snow

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?" ~
J. B. Priestley


Last year was a mild winter here in Western New York.  This year was starting that way...then bam, we got dumped on a couple days after Christmas. 
Lily was sooooo excited when she woke up.  She has been really wanting to go play in the snow.  I remember feeling the same way as a kid.  Not so much anymore.  (I am really not fond of cold weather.)  So I sent Ian out to play with her. ;)
 I stood on the porch and took a few photos. Then I promptly went back in the house and wished for Spring to hurry up and come.  ;)

My Signature

4 Sweet Comments:

Shasha said...

nice pictures! I wish I can see the real snow..but my country only has 2 seasons. he5

Adrienne said...

I love snow. And cold...I know - not the norm!! I love that you always have a quote on Sundays! Me too! I love that in that one shot of Ian you get of hint of who he's growing into... those are my favorite photos of my kids - when I see them as they are, littler and bigger all in one shot!
Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the snow, but this cold like it has been is horrible. I just like to hibernate, under covers. We have so much snow here but with frigid temps the kids haven't been enjoying it as much as they'd like. I'm still like a kid when we go sledding:) Great pictures!

Masshole Mommy said...

We got that same storm here in MA, but now it's nearly all melted. It's only the beginning of January, though, so I am sure we haven't seen the last of this winter's snowfall.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin