Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sunday Citar

Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.  ~Pablo Picasso
I entered 3 things into The Erie County Fair and won 2 Blue First Place ribbons.  I won for my santa ornament and my bird photo I took at the zoo.  I was pleasantly surprised when I walked though the creative arts building and saw that I won.  Still stunned and doing the happy dance.

Thank you for stopping by Sunday Citar! This blog quote meme was created by Fresh Mommy. You can stop by her blog to see the quotes and photos that she and everyone else is loving right now.



On a completely different note:
I am trying to reach 500 fans on facebook.  The top 3 people who refer the most friends will receive a $5, $10 or $15 gift certificate to my shop (including custom orders).  Make sure you tell them to post who sent them.  =)


My Signature

20 Sweet Comments:

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations to you on the ribbons. I think the bird is doing the happy dance along with you and knew that you were going to win. Your Santa is adorable too. I so want to make sure I visit our state fair here.

Of course, I will mostly be going for the fair food!

MadeInCanarias said...

Congratulations! :)

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Congratulations Melanie!! Well deserved. Your photography is amazing.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend. :)

Kakka said...

Well done on your win, that Santa ornament is adorable. Great quote too. xxx

Braley Mama said...

WhoooHooo!!!! You go woman!

Liz Mays said...

omg, you totally deserved to win for that photo. It's amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go! How exciting. Very, very wonderful! Congratulations.

brionyskerjance said...

congratulations! great quote too :)

Petula said...

Congratulations! That's fabulous and exciting. Love the pictures of the wins. :-) That quote is beautiful. I've actually never heard/seen that one before.

Crystal said...

Great memories created!
fyi-i'm hosting a great giveaway for 1 free bumpy books book. It's a multisensory book that helps you teach your kids to read. My kids really love it
drop by at your leisure to enter to win at www.threejewelsinmycrown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That's great, you go girl! Two awards, yippee!!

Jamie :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Congratulations!!! That is very awesome! I love your Santa ornament and your photo...I'll do the happy dance with ya! And Ian is too cute!

Blessings & Aloha!
thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

Clare B said...

Congratulations, the picture of the bird looks like it was a well-deserving winner.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How sweet it is to be rewarded for all the awesome stuff you make and photograph! :)

Jingle said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! You do excellent work, so I'm not even a little surprised to see that blue ribbon!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yay!! You rock. :)

Annette Piper said...

Congratulations and well deserved too!

Amy said...

Congrats to you that is so awesome! But so are your projects, so I'm not surprised you won!!

Beedeebabee said...

A big Congrats, Melanie! That Santa is just as cute as can be! xo

~ Noelle said...

congrats!!!
not a surprise,
you KNOW you are talented!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin