Friday, January 9, 2009

Do you remember these?

I had these as a child. I can remember playing with these in the bathtub with their lily pads. My daughter absolutely LOVES these babies, woowoo (dog) & kitty kitty (cat)! They have to go everywhere with her...to bed, in the car (hilarious watching her find a little bag and putting them in it). I have a white pellican with a pink bill also, but she throws it and says no. After talking to my sister she told me they were called Sea Wees. They were made by Kenner from 1979 to 1984.


BTW, do a search for Sea Wees on ebay they are selling sets for $50!! Holey Moley! The original cost was somewhere around $5.00! I just contacted a Lori from Lori's Sea Wees Lagoon because a couple of the ones pictured here (and the pellican) I can not seem to find anywhere. She told me that I have "rarest set of Sea Wees". Hmmmmmm....maybe I should put them away?

My mother kept these along with my Strawberry Shortcakes, Care Bear Figures (they have movable legs and arms) and My Little Ponies. I have given my kids all but the Strawberry Shortcakes. I am saving those until my daughter is older. Mine are in pretty good shape. When I collected them I was at the tween stage and didn't play with them as much as collected them.

6 Sweet Comments:

Momma J said...

Wow - I can't believe they are worth so much now! Sell those puppies!

Anonymous said...

I think I'd get her some My Lil Ponies and hide the Sea Wees!

Brittany said...

Wow that's awesome! I've actually never heard of them, but holy cow, that's a lot of money for those little guys! Isn't it neat to see how that works out though?!

Valerie said...

I've never seen them before, but what a great find for you! They are cute.

Anonymous said...

I think I may have had a couple of those - crazy that they are now collectible!

New England Quilter said...

Oh my - My twin sister and I had the Little Mermaids - we played with them everywhere! ahhh .... childhood memories :)
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin