Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Citar - Birthday

"Presents don't really mean much to me. I don't want to sound mawkish, but - it was the realization that I have a great many people in my life who really love me, and who I really love."  ~ Gabriel Byrne 

Today is my 39th Birthday.  As I look back and reflect, I thought this quote fit how I feel about birthday's perfectly. 
(My sister, Aunt Peggy (my mom's Aunt) and myself)

As a child, just like my kids, I wondered what gifts I would receive for my birthday.
(me, my mom, my sister & my dad, circa my 7th birthday 1980)
As I got older, the ideas of birthdays and presents changed.  I grew up and learned that I should cherish memories more than objects.  I do not wish for anything but a nice day with my family on my birthday.  While I can not spend this special day with the rest of my family (in this photo) because they do not live near, I love them more than words.  This day is as much about them as it is about me. 

Ok, so on a funny note....I just realized that my mom is younger in this photo (she is 27) than I was when I had Ian.

Thank you for stopping by Sunday Citar! This blog quote meme was created by Fresh Mommy. You can stop by her blog to see the quotes and photos that she and everyone else is loving right now.
My Signature

3 Sweet Comments:

Liz Mays said...

I agree that the older I get, the less things mean to me.

Liz Mays said...

OH, and how silly of me. Happy Birthday!!!!!

~ Noelle said...

hope you had a great birthday!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin