Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween circa 1985

This is me the last year I went trick or treating.  I was in 7th grade and 11 almost 12 (my birthday is 4 days after Halloween) in this picture.  After that I just went out with my friends and hung out on Halloween.
I was on the phone with my mom this morning and I was remembering when the last time I went trick or treating.  That's when I remembered this shot and had to go find the picture.  I can not believe that I am not that much older than Ian is now in this shot.

I went as a scarecrow.  My costume consisted of me painting my mom's old jeans, wearing my mom's shirt (my mom had embellished it many many years before) and my dad's hat.  I think I had some straw somewhere, too.  Look at that eyeshadow & feathered hair...wow!  My mom made that Halloween treat bag.  I still have it and we use it every year.

Do you remember the last time you went trick or treating as a child? 

(My husband said he continued to go trick or treating well into his teens.)
My Signature

2 Sweet Comments:

Unknown said...

You're adorable! I really don't remember the last time I went trick or treating, but I encourage my kids to go as teens. My philosophy is this: if teens make an effort to dress up and go out to collect candy - more power to 'em! They make the most fuss over my full size candy bars anyway! When the (cute) little kids go out and collect - let's face it, mom is the one who eats most of the candy anyway, right!

Have a fun one! Happy Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

Your costume is so awesome. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin