Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reindeer Tutorial

I have been wanting to do another tutorial for a while.

Here is how to make this cute little reindeer photo holder.


You will need:
Wire (I use 20 guage)
Chocolate Brown Clay
Black Clay
Red Clay
White Clay (for eyes, you can also use seed beads or marker or just black clay for these, too)
I use liquid clay between all of the joints for a better bond, but it is not necessary.

LOL, I noticed after I baked him that one of the hoofs lines were not in the front.  Oops.

**Please note this tutorial is for personal use.  If you make it & blog about it, I would love the linky love.**


I entered 6 ornaments and they picked the ornament pictured here to be in the running to become this weeks winner in the Better Homes and Gardens Ornament Contest!  Please go and vote for me.  You can vote daily.  =)







I am linking to these fabulous parties, here.
and here...
Get Your Craft On Tuesdayhandmade projects
My Signature

19 Sweet Comments:

Dacia said...

Thanks for visiting our blog. You have some adorable creations here on your blog. This raindeer is so cute! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute and sounds easy. I may have to get some clay and try this!

Anonymous said...

I shared this on the cafemom team blog today!!!!

Kimberly said...

You are making me itch to get my hands back into clay. :)

Wendy Irene said...

I love, love, love the tutorial post! Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas especially this time of year. You are so inspiring! You should do lots of those and sell whimsical creations clay kits of course ;-)

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

well.. he is just the cutest!

Unknown said...

Sooooo adorable!

Liz Mays said...

Those are absolutely darling!!!

PussDaddy said...

Hee hee, so cute.

PussDaddy

Jingle said...

This is so adorable!!! I love it!

Kate said...

That is too cute!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

This is insanely adorable. Seriously! SO cute! Great job.

Erin said...

This is absolutely adorable! You are so creative!!!

Naturally Me Creations said...

Aaah, this is too cute!! :D

Run DMT said...

Wow. You make that look so easy! That is one really cute reindeer. Can kids do this too? I'm thinking my girls might like to make this. Can you find the clay at any craft store? TIA!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Thanks for the tutorial. It looks pretty easy, but for some reason, I know mine will not turn out so cute!

Nikki said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!! Thank you so much for linking it up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

AllieMakes! said...

Too fun! And sweet! Thank you for the tutorial!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Vivian said...

Too Cute!

Hopping!

Newest follow on GFC, Follow back at
http://www.closertolucy.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin