Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holey Snow Batman!!

We had gotten lots of rain Tuesday night and yesterday morning.  When we get that much rain, it comes in my basement.  *sigh*  Then it turned to snow.  It snowed most of the day, but really did not stick.

It was ok, because I spent most of the day yesterday packaging orders. (Thank you to everyone who has purchased one of my creations!)  When I left the house to go to the post office around 4pm there was a dusting of snow on the ground.  I didn't even have to clean off the car.  I got 1/2 way across town the roads were terrible and it was snowing REALLY heavy!!  Crazy!  I got to the post office safely and then went to the grocery store to pick up a couple things.  When I got home it had started to snow here a bit.  I watched it snow for the rest of the night and we even had some thunder & lightning.  It was wild.

I woke up this morning at 5am to the beep beep beep of a front loader trying to get a snowplow unstuck in front of my house.  It took them almost an hour to get it out.

When I turned on the news I found out that most of the thruway here in Buffalo (I-90) & the 400 had been closed all night....as I started to write this at 3pm, it is still closed and there are tractor trailers and cars stuck all along it.

So when we finally went outside to dig out around 7am this is what we saw...
It has not stopped snowing!  It is supposed to stop around 11pm tonight.  Nuts!  The grass was green yesterday.  Alright, I know I live in Buffalo, but usually we don't get this much in that short of time.  Typically that much snow is south of here in ski country. 


We ventured out this afternoon to this...my white picket fence at the end of my driveway
Behind Ian's head is a car that is buried.
My neighbor's fence in the front is almost gone...(and those lumps are my neighbor's cars)
I just shoveled the snow off the porch ROOF because it was covering the window.
A photo of my backyard.  (Remember I took photos of the kids in the leaves there a couple weeks ago!?!)
Seriously!
At least the kids are having fun.  They had a snow day today and have called for a snow day tomorrow.

Loving her forced smile and shifty eyes...but look at that snow on the hat.  ADORABLE!
It's kinda freaky when you look out the front window and your you can see your son like this...
Because it looks like this...
Currently there is a driving ban in West Seneca (where I live) and South Buffalo.  (I live by the border of the 2 towns.)


I have a favor to ask, could you go and "like" my santa ornament that I submitted to the Better Homes & Gardens Ornament Contest.  Thank you sooooo much!!






My Signature

19 Sweet Comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came over because I know you are up North from me and wanted to say I hope you are safe. I'm so sorry all the snow you are getting. Hubby was sent home early today because the thruway is closed and the semi's didn't make it to his work. Stay safe and warm. They just gave us some warnings but I know it will be nothing like you are getting.

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Wow that's a lot of snow!! I guess I'd get tired of it after awhile too! :-)

MadeInCanarias said...

Wow, that's so cool! :D
I wish we had snow here :(

Shelly said...

I know isn't this snow nuts! I put some pics on my blog too.. My car is buried in over 2 feet of snow!

Don't think we are going anywhere tomorrow either, there has been no progress made on my street.

Which I believe I must live very close, I live on the South Buffalo/West Seneca border also..

:)

Michelle said...

Holy cow that is a lot of snow indeed! I won't tell you that it is sunny and 70 in San Diego! :) Stay warm.

Wendy Irene said...

Wow! It is begining to look a lot like Christmas! It looks beautiful and the kids look adorable. I can't believe all the cars are burried so deep!

Kimberly said...

Oh my! Oh my, oh me! Now THAT is some SERIOUS snow! Do you all have power? Truly, we would have no power if that happened to us. LOL! Hope you guys are staying safe and warm while the kiddos enjoy the winter wonderland. :)

Unknown said...

Oh WOW! We have gotten some snow here but nothing that really amounted to anything.

jaime said...

oh my. This is one of the many reasons my parents moved from Buffalo to Florida a year ago. :)

GeorgiaBE said...

Just "liked" your Santa ornament!
I called my kids down to show them your snow and tell them that's what I grew up with in Ontario, Canada! This so called snow in the PacificNorthWest (2 inches) that shuts down the whole town is nothing by comparison! :)

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Wow, I heard about the snow in Buffalo! I can't believe that car is completely covered. I hope you don't need to go out and can just stay home and enjoy making snowmen and angels.
I just moved from NYC where I lived all my life up until now. I'm in northern FLorida now and believe it or not it went down to a chilly 32 degrees last night. Brrrr But I am pretty sure I will never see a sight like yours!

Finding Charm said...

So jealous! I love the snow. I heard about the storm on the Today show and a highway being shut down for 20 hours and they were having to give food and water to stuck motorists.

Hope you all stay safe and warm.

Unknown said...

YOWZA!!! You got blasted too! Gotta love those NY snow storms. I remember the ice storms in Rochester too ... crazy weather up in your neck of the woods for sure!

Tabitha Blue said...

WOW!!! That is some crazy snow already!! I expect one or two of those kinds of downpours here, but not for awhile. Enjoy your snow days! :)

~Tabitha

Colette S said...

That is something new. I didn't even know it thundered and ligntning when it snows!

That's ALOT of snow!

Love the photos.

Stay warm

Bree said...

HI! Came over to your blog from the Martha Stewart crafts section-beautiful creations! Great blog!
A blessed Christmas to you :)

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness that's a lot of snow!! I complain about the little we get here in Long Island, NY...lol.
You're Santa ornament is SO cute!

BTW, I'm a new follower... found you on a blog hop. I'd love if you could come by mine!

-Sabrina from
www.bgamefamily.blogspot.com

Lauranie said...

whoa nelly....THAT is alot of snow!! I didn't know it could thunder/lightning in a snow storm either...that is crazy!! Great pictures though!! Your kids are just as cute as ever!! xo

~ Noelle said...

NO WAY!
Okay, so I am totally going to live my dreams of snow through you...
please post more pics whenever...
i know it stinks for you, but i love it (dont see snow here!)
PLEASE, BE SAFE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin