Monday, March 18, 2013

Love is all you need...

I shared my new print addition to my wall yesterday.  Wanna know how I made it? 
I purchased the All you need is LOVE chalkboard picture as a jpg file is from Canvas Shoppe.  It is $5.00 and it comes with instructions on how to print it.
Now here is the tricky part.

I do NOT have a Staples here in Buffalo.

First tried to pay and have it printed by uploading it to office max & office dept and then go and pick it up.  FAIL.  Does not work, do not try it.  After finally uploading it to one, paying and then getting a call an hour later from my local store saying that they can not fulfill my order because they do not have a printer large enough...and then having to call another number to get a refund...total pain in the butt. 
I decided to finally get off my butt and take a drive over to my local Fed Ex store (used to be kinkos) and talk to someone there.  I wish I would have done it earlier.  It would have saved me a lot of time and energy.  They not only could print it, they printed it while I waited and a 24" x 36" one was under $5.00ea.  I bought 2.  One for me and one for a present for my friend.  (They will tell you that it will be pixelated...it's ok)

I purchased the huge foam core board at Michaels.  I had to ask the framing ppl for a larger piece than they had on their sales floor.
I used spray adhesive to attach the poster to the foam board.  I sprayed the foam board outside and brought it inside to lay the poster on top.  (I was going to use a brayer tool to smooth out the bubbles, but found it leaves marks so I ended up just using my hands.)
I let the glue dry overnight.  I used an exacto knife and ruler to cut off all the white.
I gave one to my friend and then I made myself one.

I hung it to the wall using the command strips for picture hanging. 


Linking to these parties, here.
Today's Creative Blog image 



My Signature

12 Sweet Comments:

curiositaellya said...

This is pretty.
I need this tutorial to make one myself. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

curiositaellya said...

This is pretty.
I need this tutorial to make one myself. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

Liz Mays said...

It's a good thing the end result was worth all that! Super cute!

Jeannine said...

It looks lovely! I haven't tried printing any of these bigger pics yet, but I really want to. Here's to hoping I have better luck than you! Why would they even let you order something if they don't have a way to print it? So frustrating for you!! So glad you finally got it done, cuz it's awesome!!

Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

Masshole Mommy said...

I love it - It came out AWESOME.

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Awesome! I've never seen a chalkboard on canvas ~ I bet the texture is dreamy!
I found you today at the Sugar Bee Linky. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of Vmg206
www.vmg206.blogpsot.com

Unknown said...

Very nice! Love the end result.

MaytagNMom said...

Very cute chalkboard idea, and nice tut to boot!

Thanks for sharing with us!
Visiting from Tuesday Time Out linky party today!
Smiles,
Suz in NW Illinois

Anonymous said...

Hi. I was actually googling up some other whimsical creations eggless and landed here. Pretty good tutorial.. and all that hassle you went through, oh boy! Nice blog :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I never would have thought of doing that. I always seem to take the hard way out and paint the chalkboard and figure out how to do the graphic myself. Inexpensive and easy. Great!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing!
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com
PS: I'm your newest follower

Andrea Reed said...

What a neat project, and love your print! Stopping by from Simply Sweet Home :)

RamblingReed.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin