Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wordful Wednesday - Happy Birthday Lily!

Yesterday was my daughter's 4th birthday.
We celebrated on Monday night because Jeff had to work late yesterday.  From mommy & daddy she got what she asked for, Spot Splatter Splash Lalaloopsy Doll.  We also gave her 2 sets of clothes that come with the shoes.
Ian gave her handmade clothes that I found on etsy & ebay.  I am LOVING all of the cute little clothes.

Lily was so excited she had gotten "the one" she asked for.  On a side note, it took us many stores and days to find "the one".  We finally found one at Target.  Spot Splatter Splash seemed to be one of the most popular Lalaloopsy dolls.  I also ordered the clothes on-line a month ago at Toys R Us and had a NIGHTMARE of a time receiving them in time.  The first time they were mailed to me they were refused by the post office.  Turns out UPS delivers smaller packages to the post office so they deliver them.  By the time this all happened the clothes were sold out again.  I spent many hours on the phone with Toys R Us customer service.  The adventure is over and Lily had a wonderful birthday celebration.

I had every intention on making her a Spot Splatter Splash necklace & a zebra bracelet, but my shop has been so busy I haven't found the time.  Maybe next week.  =)

For more WW check out 5 Minutes for Mom, WW & Parenting by Dummies.
My Signature

18 Sweet Comments:

Liz Mays said...

That is just the funniest name for a doll! I LOVE it!!!!

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Wendy Irene said...

Happy Birthday Lily!

April said...

Happy Birthday kiddo!

Linda B said...

She's adorable. I'm sure she had a nice birthday.

Unknown said...

I have never even heard of that doll! She looks like a lot of fun though ... love the big head and teeny tiny stick legs!

Your daughter is beautiful! I love age 4 ... enjoy!

MadeInCanarias said...

Happy Birthday to Lily! :)

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Lily! I'm so glad she got the doll she wanted. She looks so happy!

Run DMT said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!

I have never heard of that doll but she is super cute. I'm so surprised my DD#2 hasn't mentioned it. She loves baby dolls.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Birthday Lily!

My son turns four on Sunday. I ordered my son's gifts in October but never bothered to open the box to check them out...I've never had an issue with Amazon before. Well yesterday I decided to wrap them...they forgot to include one item...ugh. Sent them an email and within 15 minutes had an email they sent it out. Won't get here until next week sometime but at least it was painless.

Jingle said...

That doll is so adorable! And Miss Lily is such a beautiful little girl! Happy Birthday to her!!!!

Kimberly said...

Aren't the lalaloopsy dolls the cutest? Raya is getting one for Christmas, but I couldn't find the one you got. Lucky Lily! Happy Birthday to her, again!

Petula said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl. I'm glad she received the gift she wanted. :-)

Annette Piper said...

Its hard having a festive-time birthday (apart from having to wait ALL year and then have two big occasions within a few days of each other!). Lovely to see that gleeful smile :)

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Melanie! Your little girl is just such a cutie, and I love your photography. Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie! xo Paulette

Lauranie said...

Happy belated sweet Lily!!! :) Mel, I am sorry I forgot to send you an email when I got my order!!! She absolutely LOVED it!! :) I think she is such a simple soul and all of this attention makes her giddy! HA!! Thank you soooo much for always coming through for me when I need the "perfect" thing!! Hope you have time to slow down and enjoy your Christmas!! xo

~ Noelle said...

happy birthday sweet girl
love the one of her looking at her doll

Claremont First Ward said...

She's so beautiful! Happy 4th birthday to her, and wishing you a very happy holiday season!

grace said...

The mountains we climb and the rivers we swim through for the sake of our children in order to get them what they desire. LOL
I'm glad you were able to get the doll she wanted and she had a nice birthday.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin