Thursday, October 21, 2010

You Capture - Orange

When I saw what this weeks theme was I knew it would have something to do with Halloween.  But I never expected to be taking these pictures though.

A few months ago my friend asked me to help her make polymer clay pumpkin place card holders for her friend's wedding that is on Halloween.  She called me Tuesday and asked me if I could come over on Wed and make them.  So yesterday I went over to her house armed with my tools.  I arrived at 9:30am and we had a marathon pumpkin making session.  When I left her house at 9:30pm last night we had all of them made, but she still had to bake all of them and add the veil to the bride and glue the flowers on the bride's head. 
I returned to her house this morning after I dropped Lily off at her last pre-school class to have a mini photo session with the pumpkins.  Glad they cooperated.  ;)
 



We made an army of pumpkins.  There are 98 pumpkins total, including the bride and groom.
All finished and ready to be dropped off at the bride's house.
My hands still hurt and I am still exhausted.  Definitely going to bed early tonight. 

On another note: I am giving away a minnie or mickey ornament, here.  (ending sometime Friday)

PhotobucketGo on over to I Should Be Folding Laundry to see other You Capture's for this week.
I am also linking to these fabulous parties, here.
and here...
Get Your Craft On Tuesday UndertheTableandDreaminghandmade projects
My Signature

55 Sweet Comments:

jaime said...

SO freaking adorable! I love the bride and groom pumpkins!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is a lot of pumpkins! But they look fabulous and I'm sure the bride and groom appreciate your hard work!

Michelle said...

The pictures of the insane number of pumpkins really made me smile. I'm sure the guest of the wedding are going to love their keepsake.

katskraps4kids said...

These are just ADORABLE! My BIL just got married this past weekend and they had a fall/pumkin theme but they didn't have these! You were so sweet to have helped wiht them. I know they were grateful.
=0)

Sawdust Girl said...

Those are so cute. I love all your stuff!

Liz Mays said...

Those are impossibly cute! I just love them!

Ooty said...

Oh wow that's lots of cute!!! I love the first image where they are all piled up :))

vivian said...

what sweet little wedding favors. I bet the bride loved them!

Annette Piper said...

How gorgeous are they!!!

Jingle said...

Wow! Those look amazing! She is going to be thrilled with them!

C.G. Koens said...

Oh my goodness - I LOVE those!! How cute and what a great idea! You guys did an amazing job! Seriously, I just don't have the right words to tell you how much I like these - LOVE!!! :-D

jayayceeblog said...

You are so good and that is a lot of work. That's one lucky bride and groom to have all of these fabulous, colorful custom favors made for them.

Peach Rainbow said...

A lovely "couple"

Katie said...

soo cool! :) LOVE them!!!

baby love said...

How cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!! I love the bride/groom :)

Happy Friday!

oxox-Camille

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

OMGosh! Those are so freaking cute! I love the little bride and groom!

Kendra said...

They are so cute! You are very talented! :)

Unknown said...

Just too cute. And great pictures too.

Off to make the rounds...still trying to catch up with everyone.

Have a super-duper weekend,
Kate

Unknown said...

I just clicked over from "Just a Girl" and am freaking out at how ADORABLE these are!!! I did a post about little clay creatures not too long ago! I have a deep affinity for them! These are amazing, wow!

(And I did a post on Niagara on the Lake a few months back too! I LOVE that place!!!)

MarieElizabeth said...

Those are fantastic! I'm sure they will be a hit at the wedding. You are a great friend for taking the time to do something so personal for them.

Pesky Cat Designs said...

WOW! I can't believe you made so many in one day! What a great friend you are. And they are amazing! Love the veil and hat. Adorable!

Sue said...

These are the CUTEST thing I've seen in a long time! Can't believe you did it all in one day?!? They are so perfect! Amazing!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

WHOA! Amazing, cute, fabulous and all of the above!! I love them!!! I love the way they all look together.

Unknown said...

wow those are fantastic! The pictures look so adorable! You had your work cut out for you here. They are amazing! Great job!

Miri said...

How adorable for a Halloween wedding!

Unknown said...

absolutely adorable!

Kristi Flanagan said...

Love these - all of them are wonderful - all of your creations are alway wonderful!

Thanks for planting your creative seeds!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Unknown said...

these are clever and adorable...what a fun wedding theme...and you are a good friend to help. popping in from tatertots and jello

Alexis said...

Cutest things I have seen in a long time!

Sandy Ang said...

They are absolutely adorable !

Renegades said...

How cute. I can't imagine all the work they took.

I love at weddings when they do something unique. In September my cousin got married and had the cutest monkies on her cake.

Lynn said...

Absolutely adorable and what a fun, unique favor!

Unknown said...

that is amazing! come on over and link up to MMM :)

Brittany@Meyamo said...

These are adorable-talk about a lot of work. What good friends.

anne maskell said...

Oh my goodness, they are fabulous! Such a great idea. No wonder you are tired! Thanks so much for sharing! I found you on TGC.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Melanie - These are too cute for words. Fantastic work as always! I'll be featuring this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

La Uina said...

an Halloween wedding? what a spooctacular idea!!!!
these pumpkins are AMAZING
I just love them!!!!

Raffaella

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said...

These are adorable! I can't believe you ladies made all those pumpkins...and that they look so perfect. Good for you!

Hope that they have a wonderful wedding and I'ms sure that they will appreciate all the hard work you put into these.

Laura said...

Wow these are great!! I love the pictures.

This week is my blog anniversary and I'm hosting a week's worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you'd like!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Ohmygoodness! They are so gorgeous! I'm not surprised your hands still hurt. There's a real army of them for sure! So adorable!!! :)

Veronica said...

Those pumpkins are adorable!!! I love the little bride and groom surrounded by all their pumkin guests!- Great photoshoot! (You'll have to give a copy of these photos to the bride too!) Thanks for sharing!

Dawn B. said...

These are adorable..I LOVE these.

MJ said...

OMG they are so cute! I am not surprised that your hands hurt, but it was defintily worth it :)

Jami said...

These are soooo cute! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, did you dream about pumpkins for a week after that???
They sure are cute though, especially the Bride and Groom!

Decor To Adore said...

Eeek~ I love this! Your project is truly spooktacular!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

They turned out really really cute!
I love polymer clay!!
How cool is that to have your wedding day on Halloween...awesome!

Nikki said...

Those are GREAT! Thanks so much for linking them up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

the cape on the corner said...

that is ridiculously and fantastically adorable! the little veil...killer. i have always wanted a halloween wedding, how fun!

~ Noelle said...

wow
they are cute.
and i already knew you were great, but how awesome that you helped make 98 of those bad boys!!!!

Jess said...

Just wanted to let you know that I featured this on FTF this week! Come stop by and take a featured button if you would like! Thanks!

Birgit Kerr said...

Totally adorable!

Katie said...

I featured this today on Sew Woodsy! Please make sure you email me your name and address!

http://sewwoodsy.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-features-giveaway-winner_29.html

Elaine said...

Sooooo adorable! Absolutely perfect for a Fall or Halloween affair. Love it!!!

Angeltea9 said...

These are Sooo Cute! Could you possibly make a Girl & Boy Pair to give away?(After you rest up of course) I'd love to have a pair. : D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin