Friday, September 17, 2010

Busy Busy...

I have been one busy woman lately.  I have been busy creating custom orders for customers.
I made a couple VW bugs for one customer (one ornament and one photo holder).
Beep Beep...
I also made these holders for a little boy's birthday party.
I have a few more customs I am working on now.  If you have something in mind for Christmas, please contact me as soon as you can.  As you can imagine, Christmas gets pretty busy around here.

In between everything else, I painted my porch finally!  Only took me almost 6yrs to get around to doing it.  The color was supposed to be darker.  I guess when Jeff bought it a couple months ago, he grabbed the wrong color swatch to get.  Still looks 100% better than it did.  Now we just have to install the new iron.
I also had something really cool happen to me at the end of last week.  I was contacted by Polyform Products, the Sculpey people!!  They LOVE my creations and are looking for new designers to work with.  I talked with them a couple days ago and am happy to report I am going to be creating projects for them.  I am on cloud 9!  When I started working with polymer clay many many years ago, I always called it sculpey clay.  You see, I had no idea that it was called polymer clay and calling it sculpey clay was like calling tissues, Kleenex. 

Off to go play with some clay.  =)

I am linking to these fabulous parties, here
My Signature

20 Sweet Comments:

BOWquet said...

your clay creations are beautiful!

Susan Cook said...

Love all the little "vehicles."

The porch looks nice.

Congrats on the designing job!

Wendy Irene said...

That is WONDERFUL news!! I am so excited for you, and love that you are on cloud 9! :) My kids and I loved seeing your new creations today. My son wants one of everything, hehe. Have a wonderful weekend, and celebrate! :)

Jingle said...

Melanie, that is so fabulous! Congratulations!!!! These creations are, of course, fabulous! I love the little cars!!!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Love your newest custom creations. I can see how they contacted you, you are very talented. Congratulations, that is so incredibly exciting!

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

very nice!! i love the cars

Chef Dennis Littley said...

its very nice to meet you Melanie, I came over from Wendy's blog! You are very talented and it was certainly a pleasure finding your blog!
have a wonderful weekend!!

Finding Charm said...

Congratulations! What a feather in your cap.

Pretty Things said...

First, total squee factor on your creations!

Second, OH MY! SO happy for you! That's amazing but I'm not surprised -- your talent and eye for whimsy is awesome.

Ooty said...

Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

That is amazing!! Congratulations! Loving your custom creations!

Kimberly said...

Oh wow! You're in the big time now Melanie!!! One day I'll be able to say, "Yeah, well I know her BEFORE she was a Sculpey bigshot." ;)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being able to work with them, that is so exciting!!
I love the little VW bugs, my kids are obsessed with "slug-bugs" right now!!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Hi, I'm visiting via Skip to My Lou. Your creations are beauties. My favs are the choo-choo train and the guy in the convertible. And the helicopter. Way to go! Buena fortuna with your biz.
Su-sieee! Mac
This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Great job!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Great job! Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday on Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! - - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Sandy Ang said...

They look so cute !

Chantal said...

They're fantastic! You're really great at the fine details! I can see why the sculpey people have contacted you. Congratulations on your sucess.

Sew Can Do said...

These are soooo cute! Love the variety of your custom orders. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

Lauranie said...

just popping in to say HOW AWESOME YOU ARE!!! Congrats girl...soooo happy for you!! Love all your new things, especially the little cars...such detail! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin