Monday, October 4, 2010

My Tiny House - Part 2

As I said before, I live in a tiny house. 

We knew we had lots to do when we moved into this home.  Most of it was cosmetic which I could live with. 

Our bathroom was one of those rooms.  When we moved in it had a blue paint on the ceiling & walls above the tile.  We do not have enough money/time/know how to completely gut the bathroom, so here is my fix.  I painted the walls and ceiling white and took down the shower doors.  We had planned on changing out the vanity, floor, mirror & lights out one day.  Fast forward 5yrs later...it still needs/needed to be done.
About a month ago I got so tired of looking at the gold.  Not to mention one of the glass globes broke and I really needed to replace it.  Try and finding a globe to match a really old one.  Not possible.  I really liked the detail on the mirror/medicine cabinet, though.
I took the left over white paint that I had used on the walls and ceiling and painted the vanity, light fixtures & mirror.  I probably should have used an antique white, but I am LAZY frugal and wanted to use what I already had.  I bought 2 new globes.  I filled in the holes on the doors with wood putty and put glass knobs on.
Much better. Just amazing what a little paint will do.
To read more about my Tiny House's IKEA kitchen remodel, go here.

And again...more before and after shots...
(please note, I want to paint all of the woodwork & door white, but my husband would have a heart attack...so I have left that battle for another day.)

I am linking to these fabulous parties, here.
and here...
Get Your Craft On Tuesday

My Signature

38 Sweet Comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint does amazing things! I'm all for hardwood trim, ours is all painted in this house, I never understood why people paint it, but everyone has their preference!

cindy said...

VEry cottage-y cute! Paint covers a multitude of sins. :) The tile in there is really pretty too.

It only took 20 years before my hubby finally let me paint woodwork white...

Glad you could Mi4M!

Anonymous said...

What a difference the paint made! It looks great. I have a bathroom that needs a makeover. Maybe this winter.


Grammy Goodwill(tech difficulties)

Tracie said...

Wow, great transformation! I love the white mirror and how you redid the lamps and vanity!

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

Nice job! You and I both had bathroom remodels on the brain today ;0).

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

chris said...

I'm convinced paint is a miracle cure for many decorating problems. Well done.

Janet said...

Great job! The improvements you made make such a big difference.

Jeanette said...

I think if you got some of that beadboard wallpaper, and a little decorative trim and put rectangles of bead board on your door fronts, it would look that much better!

I love what you did with your little bathroom. Hopefully you can convince the husband that white trim would look so fresh in there!

jayayceeblog said...

What a great transformation. I'm always amazed at what a little paint and elbow grease can accomplish!

Wendy Irene said...

you did a wonderful job! It looks beautiful. I love how much new paint can really transform something!

Ooty said...

amazing change!

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing difference just a few things make, great job!

laura said...

I love what you did with the tiny space! Blue & white is my all time favorite!

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

You did a great job Melanie - it looks really good.

Anyway you think you have a tiny house? You haven't seen English houses LOL. We apparently have the tiniest houses in Europe. Yep, almost as small as shoeboxes :)

Liz Mays said...

I must have looked back and forth a dozen times because it just makes a HUGE difference. I love what you did!

Sassy Sites! said...

WOW!!! Great job on the transformation! It's MUCH better! :) Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites "trash to treasure Tuesday!!"

xoxo
Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Petula said...

Beautiful changes. Love it. Will you do mine now? :-D

Kimberly said...

It looks great and I love the little glimpses of you in the mirror. :) It's amazing what a little paint and elbow grease can do. :)

Unknown said...

What a nice transformation. It's amazing what a little paint will do to liven up a space.

http://froufrugal.blogspot.com

Tania Pelletier said...

Wow, what a great transformation... it looks so pretty now, love it!

Tania

Kitty Deschanel said...

What a huge improvement! This looks beautiful :)

If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and post this on Not "Baaad" Sundays with LambAround.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

I know what it's like to re-do a bathroom on a budget. A new shower curtain and some paint can work wonders! Way to go :)

Unknown said...

so funny how guys have an aversion to painting wood. paint it when he's gone fishing. thats what i do and half the time he doesnt notice till months later--hahahahah!

Megan Gunyan said...

Paint is awesome. Paint is my new best friend. I can see it's yours, too. Great job! I hope you can stop by my blog for a fun giveaway! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/10/felt-headband-giveaway.html

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Looks so pretty, I love it!

Sue @ Beach Bungalow
xo

Nikki said...

Super!!!! I LOVE the tile in your bathroom...seriously, love it! And the paint did make a world of difference girl! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

Grace said...

I had to do the same thing to my bathroom. The paint made it look so much different. Great job.
Grace

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

LOVE it... a great example of the Power of Paint! Thanks for linking up :)

Kelley said...

Phenominal job! It is amazing what a little white paint can do.

jerriann said...

Bee-ute-t-ful!

Amy Meyer said...

White is much better then the gold! Great job!

Unknown said...

It looks terrific! Thanks for stopping by and linking to Anything Related!
{Rebekah}

Lauren @ 31diy said...

Wow, it looks so great! That gold had to go...I have the same problem in my bathroom, but I'm a renter, so I'm still dealing with it. Anyway, I am amazed at the dramatic difference a little bit of paint can make! Your bathroom looks fabulous!

decor4poor@blogspot.com said...

That is fabulous. It turned out great. Love your blog.

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Great remodel! It turned out great! TFS on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions.

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Love the cottage look. You did a great job. The mirror looks amazing. I laughed when I read your comment about wanting to paint the trim white because that's what I would want to do too...men.

Leslie said...

Very nice! We also have a teeny-tiny house, and are redoing the kitchen, and eventually the bathroom. Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Very nice. I have that same tile in my bathroom, except mine is green. I'm trying to embrace it. Yours looks nice with the white. I would SO paint the trim white.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin