Sunday, September 12, 2010

Camping Day 2

"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are."

We lucked out, it did not rain the first night.  We put all of our tents together under the trees. (our tent is the one on the right.) 
On Day 2 & 3 my husband cooked breakfast over the fire.  Did I say, he ROCKS?!?!  He was a cooking machine.  (He also went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.)

While the kids sat and waited, patiently...(yes, we let them play their ds...please remember we all didn't get much sleep & it was really early...)
After breakfast, we got ready and went to the Corning Museum of Glass.  Thankfully, because as soon as we were ready to leave it started to rain. 

These pumpkins were in the back of the pick-up truck I photographed here
They were beautiful!  I bought myself a small one.
There was so much to see and do at the museum.  We watched a couple shows...
and played with the interactive exhibits...
Sharon & I made our own ornaments.  We are so much alike we picked almost the same colors for our ornaments.  Mine is purple with with light purple & small white dots.  Her's is purple with light pinky purple & larger white dots.  The shot of the ornament close up in the collage is Sharon's.
Lastly we walked through the museum portion.  The museum has a scavenger hunt for the children to do while doing through it.  The older 2 kids were very competitive.
To keep it real on Day 2...

Each one of us...yep all 10...had a melt down of some sort at one point in the day.  We each took our turn in hitting that wall of exhaustion and crabbiness.  When I felt myself loosing it that day I went by myself to have some "mommy time" down the escalator into the gift shop to take photos of the pumpkins and truck.  I am very glad that I did that because I got a couple good shots.

Looking back, I have realized that if we can take 6 kids into a GLASS museum & gift shop and nothing got broken, we can do ANYTHING!

The second night we ate the rest of the fried chicken and made tacos in a bag for dinner.  It was very yummy!  Everyone slept so much better that night.  It was a bit colder, but we were warm enough with all of our sleeping bags and layers of clothes.

Also, I need to mention...
I took a shower every morning.  The showers were not as bad as I thought they would be.  The water pressure and temperature were actually pretty good.

Thank you for stopping by Sunday Citar! This blog quote meme was created by Fresh Mommy. You can stop by her blog to see the quotes and photos that she and everyone else is loving right now.


My Signature

15 Sweet Comments:

Wendy Irene said...

camping and going in a glass store with kids, that IS amazing!! :) I love pumpkins and those glass ones are especially beautiful so I am very glad you took some Mommy time to take the pictures because I really enjoyed seeing them! Have a great day!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Melanie! What a fun trip! Great photos, as usual!...Loved those glass pumpkins! xo Paulette

Veronica Lee said...

Awesome pics!!! Love those glass pumpkins too.

Have a nice day!

Michelle said...

I could not survive camping without a hot shower in the am..Glad it didn't go too badly ;)

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Sounds like you all had a good time. Yes, camping can be a challenge. And you pulled it off with 6 kids!

Having a shower does help. And Dunkin Donut's coffee delivered to your camp site...well, you can't beat that! :)

Haley said...

That looks like fun. :) What kind of camera do you use? The pictures are great. :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Haley, I have a Sony a200 DSLR. I used my 50mm lens to take most of the shots.

XmasDolly said...

Glass store looks awesome (at least better then camping). Love the pics thanks for sharing. Today is the second week of my new meme, "Monday's Music Moves Me", this week's theme is "Dances". Pick a song/video that's the name of a dance. Next week is a freebee & you can pick what you like. Hope you come join in the fun! Have a great day! Dolly

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those glass pumpkins are just incredible!

Liz Mays said...

You have a good point about nothing get broken? What the heck and how the heck?!

Pretty Things said...

When I saw those tents, I have to tell ya -- my back started hurting. Instant response.

And ooooh glass! I'm going to have a post soon about blowing glass -- I've done it once!

Buckeroomama said...

Sounds like a trip my kids would enjoy!

I would have loved to make my own glass ornament; now that is something I think I would enjoy more than camping. :)

Debbie said...

I can't imagine how great that glass museum must have been. I love glass. And those pumpkins are incredible.

Kathleen W. said...

I've been wanting to visit the Corning Museum for ages. I only live in Eastern PA, so it's not a big deal to drive up there. I'm hoping when my son is a little older and can enjoy the exhibits.

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Tim said...

Wow, what an incredible place!

We just love to camp too.

It was so nice getting back over hear again. So sorry that I have been so absent, but I had to take a much needed bloggy break.

Look forward to catching up, you are doing great things here now! I am so impressed.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Blog Widget by LinkWithin