Last Saturday, while I should have been doing other things, I decided to make the frame I had been meaning to do for a few weeks. While going through Lily's clothes a few weeks ago, I decided to keep 2 shirts she had grown out of because I wanted the buttons. (they were the same shirts in different sizes) I loved the color of these square buttons and they have flowers in the corners.
So I went to my button collection, which is pretty small and consists of those extra buttons that come with clothing in case you lose one, and pulled out all of my white, pearl and cream buttons.
First I spray painted the wooden frame (which I bought about 10yrs ago for a project and never got around to...oops) with primer and then with white. I wasn't feeling the white so I painted it with cream spray paint... actually I think it was an antique white.After the paint dried I put a coating of craft glue all over the front of the frame. Then I placed the buttons all over the frame. I was going to leave it like that, but I remembered I had a tube of white pearly beads (bought for another project). I filled all of the empty spaces with those. I love using items I already have on hand and that have been sitting around for a while!!
Now I just have to print a photo to put in it. =D
Linking to these bloggy parties, here.