Since I have been blogging I have had the pleasure to "meet" many wonderfully creative people. One of those people is Lori. Her creations are beautiful and she is a very talented jewelry designer. Her creations have even been published in variety of magazines & a book!
1. Tell us a little about yourself…
I joined the Air Force out of high school (was a Korean Linguist, stationed mostly in Korea), then got a degree from the University of Virginia in preparation for medical school. Took a year off to get the money together for med school and got swept up in the dot.com frenzy and started working in that. Then I met my husband, got married, got pregnant, and got introduced to beads while on bed rest. The rest, as they say, is history!
2. How long have you been doing this?
3. Who/What inspires you?
Color. And the beads themselves. I can look at beads and immediately know what they should be. If they don’t “speak” to me, I rarely buy them.
4. What's your favorite piece?
That changes from day to day, but I really only wear four or five of my own creations, can you believe it? One is made with beads from a dear friend who no longer makes beads, and one is made with beads that are funky beyond all reason. I’d never, ever part with those.
5. What advice do you have for a beginner?
Never think you can’t do this.
6. Where can we find you?
Web site: www.lorianderson.net
2nd Blog: www.AnArtistsYearOff.com – this one will only last for a year, and it’s about my drastic cut-back in shows this year, and exploring new media and new ways of thinking about what I’m doing.
Lori has generously offered to giveaway a $25.00 GC to use in her shop.
Leave a comment telling Lori what your favorite item in her shop is.
Must do this first before you can get any additional entries.
Extra Entries (please leave a separate comment for each):
- Follow my blog via google friend connect (current followers count).
- Subscribe to my blog via RSS or/and e-mail.
- Blog about this contest and link it back to this post.
- Follow Lori's blog Pretty Things.
- Follow me & Lori Anderson on twitter and tweet @melaniescrafts & @I_Make_Jewelry about this giveaway.
- Become a fan of me on Facebook.
Don't forget today is the last day to enter to win this owl.