Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wordless Wednesday

These beautiful flowers are in the middle of the medians down the main street in Niagara On The Lake. They were beautiful. I just happened to stumble upon this butterfly.





Do you know what the name of this flower is? I have not seen them here in the states.

Edited to Add: They are called Irish Eyes. (GLORIOSA Irish Eyes : RUDBECKIA HIRTA) Thank you Lori for the link. I am going to have to buy some of these seeds and plant them next year. They were beautiful!

Happy Not So Wordless Wednesday!

35 Sweet Comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

These are so beautiful! Love the first photo!

carrhop said...

Gorgeous! I don't know what kind of blossoms those are but I sure would love to plant some!

Blessings!

Jennifer said...

Fantastic photography! The colours are brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful!

Shelly said...

What aweseom pictures, very beautiful. Happy WW!

sheila said...

I have butterfly pics on my site today too! But you're are prettier!

Felicia said...

Awesome! I really, really need a new camera.. your pictures are always so wonderful.

Khordaddy said...

Ah my wife LOVES butterflies. Going to have to forward your blog to her! Great photos.

I wouldn't say may knowledge of flowers is great, but I do know most of what can be found in my region. Can't say I recognize that particular flower, though.

April said...

I sooooooooo have camera envy right now!!! Those are great shots!

Kim @ What's That Smell? said...

Wow what beautiful shots! The detail on the butterfly is amazing. I think I have camera envy....

Ann On and On... said...

What an amazing thing to witness. Beautiful photos!

Momma J said...

So pretty!

Stefany said...

I have no idea what type of flower that is but your pics are gorgeous!

Jingle said...

These are gorgeous! I needed a good dose of bright yellow today!

annies home said...

not for sure what they are resemble a zinia or 4 oclock but do not think that is correct my mother would know though

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! I can't believe how great the detail on the butterfly is! Sorry, I don't now the flowers though.

tiarastantrums said...

they are pretty and I never see butterflies any more??

Kati said...

Those are the most beautiful photos ever!

April said...

great colors, those photos really "pop"

Hoosier Homemade said...

According to my husband who is a landscaper, your flowers are a variety of Gloriso Daisy. He says you could take them into a local greenhouse and they could tell you. Hope that helps! Your pictures are beautiful! I wish I had a good camera like that.
~Liz

Cascia Talbert said...

The flowers and the butterfly are beautiful. You took some great shots.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos... Just the other day, I wish I had my camera.. I happened to glance and there it was this hugh butterfly.. Great catch..

Pollyanna said...

The colors are so vibrant! I enjoyed the pics.

Feel free to visit me: Picture This . . .

Beth F said...

Terrific series!

CaseyDeuce said...

These pictures are stunning!! Great shots!!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

So beautiful! LOVE the ones with the butterfly!!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Oh, we've been there before and it's beautiful. Your photos are always so pretty!

Kim

Staci A said...

What beautiful photos! The colors are amazing!

A New England Girl said...

Wow. I have never seen these flowers, but they are absolutely gorgeous! Plus, I love the butterfly. These photos would be amazing to print and frame in a series for the home. Beautiful.

Sarah said...

I'm not sure what the flowers are, but the photos are gorgeous!

Melitsa said...

Love this photograph. The butterfly detail is so good too. My hand would have been wobbling all over the show. For sure these are....yellow flowers...lol j/k. Thanks for brightening my day.

vivian said...

wow.. these pictures are fabulous! great shots!!

Susan Cook said...

Beautiful shots. Love the butterfly.

Happy WW!

Lori said...

beautiful pictures...i tried growing that flower in my yard a few years ago...it died...i think it was called "irish eyes"...yep, i'm pretty sure that was it...

Ruth said...

Love these pictures. Beautiful flowers.

Ruth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin