Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday

SPRING 1997

This photo was taken out front of my parent's apartment in Aiken, SC. We went on a road trip to take my sister from college to their house for spring break. So what is important about this photo? My mom made my jacket I have on. She made it out of old flannel shirts she got from a friend.

On a side note I got some cool flannel shirts & plaid shorts from my mom's friend...my mom helped her clean out her parent's house when they passed away and brought me home a bunch of shirts & shorts that belonged to her friend's father. At the time of Grunge, this is what I wore...not sure if I have photos of me in those plaid shorts, but I loved them!

Anywho, back on track. My mom made all those yoyos from the extra flannel shirts, sewed them together and crochet a collar on it to create me a jacket.

I can not believe how young we both look in this photo. This was a little over a year before we got married and a few months after he asked me to marry him. I have to laugh because after my husband saw this photo a couple days ago he said, "look at my BIG hair". When my husband's hair gets longer, it just gets big...like Ronald McDonald. LOL

You can participate and/or check out other Take Me Back Tuesday posts at A Giveaway Addicted Mommy.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, here.

9 Sweet Comments:

Anonymous said...

eek! It's the yo-yo jacket. That is sooooo cool, and it's made from flannel! I love how she made the arms long. Don't ya just love long sleeves?

Indeed, his hair looks big but I have a feeling he has a heart to match. You two look adorably unpretentious.

Diane said...

What a lovely picture of you and your hubby and what a precious memory! The jacket is beautiful and how wonderful that your Mom created it just for you! Thanks for sharing your picture and your beautiful memory. Have a great day!

Many hugs..........

Diane

MamabearMills said...

that is great! i love the sweater jacket thingy!

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

Well, you both look the same to me! Truly!!

Just let your hubby know that at least he has hair... my husband is a little "challenged" in that department. :)

Unknown said...

What a great picture! I love how happy you look and the story behind the jacket! Isn't that elmo on hubby's shirt too?!?

Denise said...

Great picture! Your Mom is very talented. LOL about your husbands hair, my Hubby has similar hair issues if he lets it get very long at all.

Liz said...

How cool! I remember when those jackets were really popular, and your Mom is pretty talented to have actually made yours!! Love the picture. :-)

annies home said...

he looks like a guy my sister once dated that is too funny

Muthering Heights said...

What a fun memory! Ronald McDonald...LOL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin