Monday, August 31, 2009

Not Me Monday - wk14


I definitely did not decide in about 5 minutes on Saturday morning to drive to PA so my husband could go to the Pittsburgh/Buffalo football game that night with my dad and bother-in-law. We would never throw a bunch of stuff in a bag and drive 4 hours to only spend less than 24hrs at my parent's house. I also would not give my daughter a laxative 3 hours before I decided to go to PA. Nope, I plan things better.

I also do not still have a huge pile of blankets & clothes in my room to put away in the attic after cleaning out my daughter's closet.....3 weeks ago....! I think I know what I am not doing today.


I would never beg people to look at my entry in the Martha Stewart's DIY Wedding Crafts Contest. I entered my wedding cake place card holders I made for my friend's wedding. You can find my entry here. I would love if everyone could give me 5 stars and leave a comment. The contest ends Sept 1st. and will be announced Oct. 15th.





Update on the potty training: Lily is staying dry during naps. I am still putting her in a diaper during them though. At night she is staying pretty dry, too. She hadn't had a bm in 3 going on 4 days so I bought a over the counter children's laxative and that helped. She did it in a diaper and then I put another diaper on her and she walked over to me when I was doing the dishes, took off her diaper and threw it at me and told me she had to pee. Yes, my daughter is a sassy one. She then pooped and peed in the potty. We did a happy dance and after nap went to the store to pick out a littlest pet shop. We are still having a pooping problem. But considering she has pretty much potty trained herself in a week, we are doing great.

This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

7 Sweet Comments:

Walker Family said...

Awsome... so when you become incredible famous will you give me an autograph...I'm not picky I'll take it on a used napkin if I have too!

Go Lily that is great!

A

Pretty Things said...

I SO love your Not Me Mondays!

Cascia Talbert said...

Congratulations on the potty training success! Your place card holders are beautiful. I hope you win.

A New England Girl said...

Hilarious Not Me Monday! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you DID NOT give her a laxative before going on a car trip. That would have been foolish, eh?

Sounds like she's doing a great job! Do you think though, that she's holding her BM? Neither one of mine needed laxatives too much. Just the opposite as a matter of fact...

Lauranie said...

YAY for the "pottie dance"!!!! :) I don't like seasonal clothing closet exchange time....it is coming FAST!!!

Beedeebabee said...

Gee, I wish I would have come by sooner, so I could have voted for your adorable placecard holders...Darn, bad me! I hope you win Melanie!...You're almost there with the potty training..YAY!!! Go Lily! Hugs, Paulette :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin